Learn to Teach: Yoga + Mindfulness to KidsJuly 6, 2018
Join Michelle Newman, owner and founder of Grow Wise Yoga for a full day of self – discovery and play while learning the essentials of creating safe, accessible and fun yoga and mindfulness practices for children ages 2 – 7 (July 21st only) and 8 – 13 (July 22nd only). Or sign up for both!
Not only will you rediscover your own child – like nature in this training, but you will gain the skills needed to influence and inspire children through the practices of yoga, mindfulness and self awareness. You will leave this training with many activities, tools and techniques to use right away with the children in your life.
Grow Wise Yoga, a leading provider of yoga for kids and families in Lancaster County is known for inspiring children and their parents to connect with themselves and others through expressive play – based movement and engaged learning.
Grow Wise Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Philosophy and benefits of yoga + mindfulness
- Essentials of creating children’s yoga practices and classes: sun salutation’s, breathing and mindfulness techniques, themed classes, poses, partner work, yoga games and guided relaxation
- Incorporating creative movement, rhythm, music, songs and storytelling
- Positive life skills for the classroom and family
- Adaptive yoga practices for children
- Anatomy of the nervous system
- How yoga and mindfulness help to integrate both body and mind
- Activities to use right away with your students or children
- A manual filled with tips, tools and resources
Who should take this training:
- Yoga Teachers who want to teach kids
- Pediatric Professionals
- Anyone who loves yoga and loves kids
JULY 21st + JULY 22nd 2018
12pm – 6pm
$125 for one workshop
$200 for both
Grow Wise Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider and will provide Registered Yoga Teachers with 6 contact hours for this playshop. CEU’s or Professional Development Points may also be available for professionals working with children. Check with your employer to see if you qualify.